Aditya Infotech Ltd. (AIL) – the technology arm of Aditya Group, is a leading global player, delivering technology driven security solutions with special expertise in Electronic Video Surveillance Products and Solutions. Aditya Infotech Limited has the unique distinction of securing more than a million locations across a wide spectrum of varied industries, government establishments, retail chains, educational institutions, financial institutions, public spaces and infrastructure projects. Established in 1994, AIL has forged ahead to become the undisputed industry leader, creating new records in excellence and growth. Its team of passionate and dedicated professionals has set new precedents in customer relationship, support and service.
SECURITY TODAY interacted with AIL’s young CEO and director Aditya Khemka to discuss the company’s growth and prospects. Excerpts from the interview:
When did you step into Video Surveillance industry? What were the challenges that you faced in the initial years?
2007 was the remarkable year for us as we forayed into video surveillance industry. Initially, there were many underlying challenges that video surveillance industry had encountered due to lack of structured channel and support mechanism in the Indian market.
Indian security market had faced typical challenges such as customer did not know what he wants from the surveillance system. Moreover, a typical system integrator was unable to understand what can be provided by the product. But now, Indian customers are gradually being educated about the surveillance solutions, henceforth, they always demand for best-of-technologies and products for securing any site, which can not only recognize the objects but also attain minute details of the objects.
How did you tackle the challenges of Indian security industry?
Any growing industry has to work on the reach and penetration in a country like us which requires consistent education and training. We at Aditya Infotech Ltd, have been constantly improving the penetration of channel partners and system integrators. We continuously undertake special initiatives to educate and train channel partners about the products and solutions that we offer. Our aim is not only to create a wide distribution network but also to create awareness and understanding within the industry for the varied solutions that we can provide.
Channel empowerment, education & training has been a key thrust for AIL. AIL has put in place, a strong backend team to train the channel partners on new technologies & products. The product specialists from the respective categories have been hired to spearhead this process.
Aditya has always believed in relationship and trust. In India, we are currently working with more than 6000+ channel partners & system integrators across 400+ cities through its network of 45 branches. With our strong team of more than 600 sales, technical & solution experts and support professionals, we have been continuously setting benchmarks in the Indian security and rising at a stupendous growth.
We brought the robust service and support infrastructure, to provide the best service & commissioning support through toll-free number and technical support centre, located at various parts of the country.
Aditya Infotech has gained remarkable positioning in the security industry; please share some of its milestones & achievements?
AIL, India’s no. 1 CCTV distribution house, is now today the world’s fastest growing security enterprise. Its strong focus on performance, quality, value, reliability & innovation helped it to become a preferred security partner for security professionals and consultants. Armed with a wide portfolio of surveillance products, AIL is in the top league to guard our world.
Some of the key milestones are listed below:-
– AIL being Numero Uno player in surveillance industry that has been securing every corner of life. Today, we are the only company in security industry that that has not only sold more than 6 million security equipments, but also committed to adding value and educating our channel partners in order to take them to the next level of solution selling.
– Recently, Aditya Infotech Ltd is honored with ‘Global Shield’ Award by UBM and APSA, reaffirming our commitment to develop and strengthen the Video Surveillance Industry in India as well as the globe
– The recent survey by VAR India magazine and top VARs across the country rated Aditya Infotech Ltd. (AIL) as ‘Best Distributor of 2013–Security & Surveillance’
What are your plans to expand Aditya Infotech Position in Asia market?
Globally, security and surveillance industry is seeing huge opportunity. There has been great potential in the surveillance industry of Asia region. We are growing stupendously year-after-year & is poised to be the largest security enterprise in Asia. With an aim to expand business in Asia market, we are setting-up new workstations in Asian countries. We have already started operations in high potential security markets such as Bangladesh, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore and Middle East and GCC Countries. In addition, we have appointed sales force and team of technical professionals, aiming to meet the demands of the customers and generate new opportunities in the market.
Aditya is always known for bringing revolutionary technology, so which all new surveillance technologies that you will launch in 2014 year?
2014 will be the revolutionary year for Indian security market. We have initiated Redefining Video Surveillance campaign that brings revolutionary and futuristic technologies aiming to take video surveillance industry to the next level. Some of the revolutionary technologies include:
– Clarity & performance is myth for any System Integrator. Understanding this scenario, HDCVI technology is launched by Dahua, aiming to redefine analog surveillance by providing high definition video transmission over co-axial cable at affordable value. HDCVI technology is perfectly developed to satisfy high definition surveillance requirement such as airport, city, shopping malls and much more. In addition, HDCVI technology has been introduced in CP PLUS CORAL series of analog CCTV cameras and Digital Video Recorders.
– Another revolutionary product range includes Dahua Eco-Savvy Network cameras and CP PLUS APEX camera range featuring low consumption and low streaming, that saves 75% of networking bandwidth and storage compared with the existing cameras in market.
– CP PLUS develops iDVR technology, setting a new standard for viewing, recording and playback both IP and Analog channels in standalone Digital Video Recorder.
– The video-wall controller DH-M30 by Dahua Technology, making itself a stand-out as it combines video-wall control function and decoding together. DH-M30 renders superb video-wall control capacity, allowing various video sources to be distributed and displayed on the video wall in a flexible way. Video sources include local input signals, such as CVBS, VGA, DVI, HDMI, HD-SDI and etc. along with mainstream network signals, including IPC, DVR, NVR and etc., the key difference that the device varies itself with other image controllers on the market is its decoding function, which makes the whole system even more connected and integrated. The device is up to max 13-ch@1080p decoding, providing true and exquisite reproduction and display of the original surveillance scenarios.